Monday, November 22, 2021

If Gravity is Falling


I figured I fell for you eventually. Like gravity's ebb, that pulls slightly with decreasing distance and increasing urgency. But I doubted at first. I was used to that kind of romance that jerks your heart--the ones in movies, the ones I get teary-eyed about.

It's been, what, 2 years now, or 3? I'll have to check our first message on the phone for the date. It doesn't come so easily to me, forgetful though I am, I think it's more to do with how un-unique the "event" was. How extremely natural I felt when I met you and chose to be with you. There was no need to celebrate such a mundane occasion as the clearing of skies or the twinkling of stars. 

This is the order of nature, I figured, and all of my existence is bounded and is bound to this. Like the ebb of the sea and the rising of the tides, this love is the ocean where, you, the moon of my desire, holds sway.

And by the way, if you've seen Boys in the Band, this is the phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment